These are so easy and so delicious. We make them all the time and I bet you will too! Here is all you need.
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1 rotisserie chicken from the store deli
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 diced jalapeño (or pickled jalapeño slices)
- Pull chicken meat from bones and set aside
- In a heavy skillet cook onion and pepper slices together on low to med heat until carmelized (about 20 minutes)
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface
- Cover one half of tortilla with shredded cheese.
- Top that with shredded chicken
- Top that with caramelized onion and bell pepper and sprinkle with chopped cilantro and diced jalapeño.
- Top that with cheese and fold the top over.
- Put a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick skillet
- And add the folded tortilla.
When the bottom is browned to your liking and cheese has melted, gently flip it over and cook until brown and cheese on the bottom side has melted. Remove to a cutting board, slice into wedges and serve with diced tomato and sour cream.
(NOTE from Neal)
For a more authentic flavor, I sprinkle the chicken with ground cumin and a pinch of chili powder.